Sunday, February 29, 2004

The theory of strange voices

Have you ever noticed how strange voices belong to really stupid people? For instance, if you get a call from a strange (read ugly) voice requesting you to meet them because they are Head HR of a company- here's what it probably is:

1. A friend of yours is pulling a fast one on you
2. The guy has recd your resume but has no clue why he has got it and wants to see you before he decides what to do with you.

Thats exactly what happened to me on Saturday. Here are the events as they happened. Strangely female sounding voice claims to be Srinivas - head hr of a company that already made an offer to me which I had rejected (because I was too cool to accept it). So there I am thinking, maybe they want to renegotiate and get dressed in formals for the renegotiation only to find that the man has no clue that I have been interviewed previously. What a ditz!! His voice should have given it away to me actually. But I really didnt take this theory of mine very seriously until Saturday.

If I was to consider the cause of such ditziness, I would say its the voice. People with grating voices like that tend to feel under-confident and therefore not use their brains for fear of being unable to use them efficiently. As a result, the ditz is born. Ta-da! And hence, my theory!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com