Tuesday, March 02, 2004

More on morons (Geddit??)

Perhaps the special force we call fate was not satusfied with my experiences with ditzes, just yet. Hence my encounter with an HR professional of an organisation that has no people - not yet (and if he continues, they may never have any). He has no clue about what he is saying. So there we are - 4 HR professionals in a board room discussing the statistics of benchmarking compensation. And suddenly we have Sir Idio (not his real name... duh!) stand up and grandly walk up to the white board. As we wonder what new idea he is going to throw at us, he starts explaining what we mean when we say "minimum" and "maximum" like so - "And here we have a whole bunch of people each of whom is getting paid 1, 2, 3, 4... the lowest here is minimum and the highest is maximum". As if his explanation was not enough, he decides to draw random dots and circle two at either end of the board to signify "minimum" and "maximum". Ummm.. yeah, thanks for the quick lesson in stats dude!! I figure he really does not understand what we are saying and quickly thank him for his deeply insightful advice. I was proud of myself for keeping a straight face through that. How they let such people into board rooms is beyond me. Board rooms should be restricted to people with a minimum iq of 5. This guy obviously slipped through the cracks.

Obviously not much else happening in my life other than work. Its almost 10 and I am still here... gotta go home now. 13 hours up and time to head to bed.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com