Monday, March 15, 2004

Mmmm.. bop!

Like what were the lyrics of mmm...bop about?? Do you wonder if it was written by the youngest of the trio when he was still gurgling as an infant and unable to speak? Its ringing in my head for some strange reason and really annoying me because I cant tell whether I am speaking the right lyrics or not.

Its like that song Blue where the guy goes "I'm blue dabada dabadee". My friends and I (then in college, in case you were wondering why we ever had such inane arguments) argued forever about whether the man was saying "dabada dabadee" or "if I was green I would die". If you listen to the song carefully (read: sit next to the speaker) and keep playing the song over and over and over and over again- it WILL sound like "I'm blue, if I was green I would die". Go figure. Meanwhile, we found a wesbite with the lyrics of this song - yes someone actually had to write them down and publish them on a website for the world to know what they they were humming along to- and it was (depressingly) "dabada dabadee". Someone with more imagination could have written the song about dying if he was green and we would have applauded him for his deep, angst ridden music. Instead, we bounce along to blue dabadee dabadee and often say "Hey, I could have written that song- and maybe I could have written it better!!" Bah!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com