Monday, April 05, 2004

A little bit of perspective

Someone today asked me: What do u do when ur just sick n disgusted of the place ur working for and cant take it anymore?

Strangely enough I felt as though I had words to say to such a person. Words that, perhaps, would have made me feel a lot better about my job itself through all the days I have wanted to quit this awful place. Here is what I had to say:

You grin and bear it. You come into work everyday, and maybe take a day or two off every now and then, and you thank them for paying you to come in and be as unproductive as you are being. That is your revenge. Only your conscience wont let you be unproductive for too long so you wallow in the pain and futility of it all some more. Then you come to the conclusion that we need compensation for work simple because its so distasteful. That being said, I would recommend you hang in there and on a day that you are feeling generally cheerful, try to think of this day and figure out if you want to quit of this day or stay for the day you are generally happy... it will be much clearer then- trust me :)

As for myself, on days that I am cheerful, I want to quit for the days that I am not. Its clearer then, but I still have not quit. Wonder what thats about.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com