Monday, March 22, 2004

Weekends

Notice how weekends seem to last forever and yet you wonder where they went. That always happens to me and this was a particularly blissful weekend with Firdaus in town to entertain li'l ol' me. The man buys me a gift everytime we meet and each time I think to myself - "Why this definitely has to be the last gift he buys me because he is probably broke by now". Yet it appears he has a bottomless pit for a wallet and I am the lucky girl he has decided to spend some of that money on. Good catch eh?

Oddly, there was NOTHING on tv to watch. I have a suspicion it because the channels gave up trying to fight the popularity of India's tour of Pakistan. Hence, everyone was subjected to watching the match even if they didnt want to and had theories of match-fixing which led them to believe a certain outcome was pre-decided. I suppose there is joy in watching what that pre-decided outcome might be and how it will be played out.

Went for a swim with Firdaus while he was here and I think that was the most chatty portion of his trip. The rest of the time was spent trying to cook various dishes - he showed off his mother's recipe and I showed off mine, watching tv (or trying to find something to watch on tv) and general fooling around. I am quite sad that the weekend had to end. Kept trying to sleep in the morning.. hoping we would miss his flight and he would have to stay for weeks and weeks and weeks because no other flights were available. But apparently that was not to be. Sigh...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com