Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Mating Theory

My batchmate from b-school has a theory about mating rituals of the urban human species. Its quite an interesting theory when you think about it. The theory goes like this:

Categorise all males and females of the species into hot, not-so-hot and just plain ugly. So women, it is believed are suckers for persistence. Its not the best man who wins a woman's heart- its the most persistent one. We'd like to believe its the best man and who is to assume the most persistent is not the best for her? So anyway, before you made me launch off into this tangent, I was talking about the categories of men and women. The hot men and women have significantly larger egos than the others and so you will find the ugly males are are persistent with the hot chicks. What do the ugly guys have to lose - they have no egos - right? I thought you would agree with me. So essentially through sheer persistence, the ugly guys win over the hot chicks. That leaves the not-so-ugly chicks with the not-co-ugly guys and the hot guys with the ugly chicks (since the hot guys are least likely to persist until only the ugly chicks are left on the scene).

Personally I do not like referring to women as chicks, but this theory demanded it of me. So, if you are single right now - which group are you part of? And if you are a couple- who was the persistent one? Please note that this theory was proposed by a single man (with a significantly high blood alcohol level at the time), who I suppose believes he is single because he is too hot to be persistant with any girl *gag* Which leads me to believe that his destiny will eventually lead him to a very ugly lady indeed.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com