Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy New Year!

My dear blog-world,

Although I am one of the gazillions wishing you a wonderful year ahead, let me at least be a little original and sing it to you in the form of a little ditty I just wrote:

The new year,
It is here
Should be fun
As long as you stick with your hon
And if there isnt one yet
He/She will walk by you, just as you read this I bet
Err yeah thats it
Have a whale of a time, and a bit (?)

I cant wait for this year to begin properly now. The wedding is almost upon us and the excitement is only now beginning to dawn on me. Much like a ton of a bricks, one could say. I am off to Delhi on Friday as the countdown begins in earnest to the day I sign a piece of paper to claim my rightful posession of the boy. He is mine, all mine I say and I shall have papers to prove it before you can say - "no really".

Its 1.46 am and despite my protests of preparation of wedding, my clients are under the impression I can work all night as long as the appropriate excel sheets are provided. I am their excel-sheet provider. Why they could not get someone internally to work on excel is quite simply beyond me. Of course, the apparent lack of brains among some of the individuals working with us may provide pointers. And as consultants, there is nothing we love more than stupid people (makes us look that much smarter.. if we werent already looking dashing enough to be spent luxuriously on).

Ah well, its sleepy time now and I must retire, having sent all the material to the client to hopefully not hear their voices again. Aaagh! But tomorrow is another day...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com