Friday, April 08, 2005

What changed?

Marriage for me has been a breeze. Its not supposed to be. I am quite sure I am doing something wrong. I am not sure why married life has been so breezy - perhaps it has something to do with my very easy-going husband. Or just my breezy self *throat clearing noises*. But I see others around me "setting up house" as soon as they get married. Conversations tend to drift towards how expensive curtains are, and it appears that people suddenly have a lot of household chores to do that they didnt have earlier. Either that, or they just didnt talk about their chores earlier. This is not to say I did not "set up house". I did so put up a few paintings at our place when we got married!

I have therefore lately been wondering if I did something wrong. Why is it seeming like life didnt change much other than the fact that I am sharing everything with the my most favourite boy on the planet now? Am I not supposed to be getting upset about the fact that my maid has not cleaned the dishes properly? (Who cares really... she can clean them better tomorrow I say and keep them in the sink again.) Am I not supposed to wake up every morning and make breakfast for my husband? I tried that- really I did, but I am not a morning person. Waking up and getting myself to work is a task in itself... breakfast to door ki baat hai.

As for cooking - I think I cooked more when I was single!! Who needs to cook when Dominos is right across the road, and there is a Pastry shop in the building!! Fatty foods, here we come! Not to mention the fact that we have stocked up on cold meats and bread and cheese and gorge on toasted sandwiches every chance we get!! Go fatty foods! Woohoo!

Life is just perfect in fact. Minimum effort and maximum joy! I go to work and back with the boy and if I land the job I have been eyeing lately I may be working soon just across the road from home (near Dominos and across the road from the pastry shop)... The best part is that I dont have to worry about my mother hearing Firdaus in the background on the phone now, I dont have to coordinate to meet my boy - others have to coordinate to meet us! Hee haa haa!! As McDonalds would say - I'm loving it!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com