Monday, February 07, 2005

Other Stories

It was a wedding of 3 whole days and all I did was write a piddly little post about it. I was in Delhi for a whole week... and all I did was write a piddly little post about it. Shame on me.. no you! How could you not tell me to share more?? Perhaps because you didnt want to hear more, but I wont have any of that out here, you hear me?

I landed in Delhi after much drama about having forgotten to buy the tickets to Delhi. who forgets to buy tickets to their own wedding? Err.. apparently I did! So anyway, I made it in time for a flight that almost did not make it.

A weekend of sleeping was planned for which was quickly abandoned for a weekend of shopping for whatever-one-can-find-on-the-streets-of-Delhi and packing everything in a funky fashion. Gift wrapping is and art, that I am obviously not particularly well versed with. After repeated attempts while people screamed in the background "Dow! Not that wrapping paper" or "Dow! Thats just ugly" I resorted to complaining that my nails were breaking and hence I was in no position to help with anything.

Fido, in the meanwhile, had decided to contract jaundice and sweetly promised to marry me no matter what. "Yes honey, you really have no choice in the matter by this time", I thought. But the practical woman that I am, I decided not to break it to him just yet. Meanwhile, the excitement was building up. Talking on the phone at home was impossible due to the alarmingly high decibel levels in which animated conversations were being held with just about anybody who cared to listen.

Watch This Space! Stories of beauty treatments and henna application along with hysterical stories of getting lost in the maze that is the India Gate area in Delhi are yet to come...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com