Friday, April 16, 2004

Sleepy

I slept all of yesterday. Woke up briefly to make some maggi for lunch and went right back to sleep. This was not at work (in case you were wondering if you should ask me the secret to my sleep-at-work habit) As if that wasnt enough I overslept again today and didnt get into work till about 3pm. Now some people may say this is a result of depression. Though I have been crabby lately, I think there is a deeper and in fact, simpler explanation to all of this. I needed to catch up on sleep. (Duh!)

Am headed home towards the end of May for a week of extreme heat, dust, pollution and occasional pampering and a ton of lecturing by the parents. I dont know if I should be looking forward to this extravagant move I am making because I know going to Delhi would definitely mean a significant amount of spending on some of the most retarded items ever thought by human beings. Shopping is a joy in Delhi (if you like being ripped off). For all those lectures about saving money, oddly my parents had no objection to my spending 1/3rd of my savings in flying to Delhi. Odd, isnt it?

The timing of my little holiday coincides well with one family holiday of the boyfriends in Europe. Now many of you may not find it a superlative feat, but in India, it is not very common to go to European sojourns annually (except for you Re!!). Hence, although my holiday may not be spent traveling through Venice, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Paris, Scotland and what not... I will relish walking through Greater Kailash, eating chaat and gol-guppas at Bengali Market and Evergreen and kulfi at Moti, Butter Chicken and Kathi rolls... oh how I miss all of that. So there!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com