Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Buckingham Palace - Almost!


Buckingham Palace - Almost!
Originally uploaded by fvariava.

Its been one long holiday since the last time I posted. I went to *ahem* London, Paris and Agde (in the south of France) for an iddy-biddy honeymoon-like holiday with my dear husband who has now fully recovered from jaundice. In fact, he demonstrated how well he had recovered by carrying some very heavy flooring tiles along with ALL the rest of our luggage himself across Western Europe. It was indeed, one of my proudest moments as his wife.

In London, we stayed with Sav and pretended to have visited the Buckingham palace by taking pictures of the solitary guard we found outside the Tower of London. Hah! What a dastardly plan that was. Now, even without having any photos of Buckingham Palace at all, people jump up and say with confidence as the photo of the lone guard is shown - "oh that must be Buckingham Palace". Here he is - very buckingham like looking, no?

In other entertaining moments, Sav and I discovered we had very similar taste in socks (yes you read that right - we own similar looking socks) and spent most of an evening admiring and taking pictures of them. With that out of our systems, Sav decided to keep her eyes closed for any photos we took of her. she claimed the lash made her blink and my efforts to hold her eyelids up also did not work. She refused to open her eyes as long as they camera was pointed at her.

Even though there was a conflict of interest - my husband wanted to shop while I just wanted to curl up and die because of the awful, cold, wet rain - we managed to find a compromise. I was left to sit grumpily at Starbucks while Firdaus ran about Oxford Street for the rest of the day looking for the appropriately branded clothes. I was quite okay being left alone because it was really not like being in a foreign country you know - ladies in salwar kameez walked by at regular intervals, as if just to make me feel a little comfortable there and I even heard loud hindi songs being sung by some very obviously Indian students. Could life get any better?

More photos can be viewed here.

Watch this space for more...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com