Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Its been a while...

A dear friend of mine sings this song by Staind beautifully. Why am I mentioning this, you wonder only to see the title of my blog - "whatever things". If you didnt know you could expect randomness by now, my sympathies are with you.

Its 11:34 at night and I am at work. Sad really, isnt it? No no.. dont cry for me just yet. The heart-rending tale of a girl working alone till the wee hours of the morning is yet to begin.

I miss the endless cups of coffee at business school with flat-mates who were insomniacs (or became insomniacs once they reached there). Crazy days of listening to stories of exam-tension, heart-ache and general drama... and now I am back to my insomniac days. I am sleepy as ever during the day and can just about stay awake while my boss dribbles on about processes and blah blah for 2 whole hours (this is a real story.. any resemblance to chracters real or fictional is completely intentional).

Notice how lately my posts have been about staying late at work and today, to my utter horror, my boss sends a mail to everyone defining the "development activities" (read dribble about crap for hours on end) that need to be undertaken given that this is a "relatively slow period". If he was around when I read this, I would have manually lifted my desktop and flung it at him. Nice show that would have made. Of course, laws of physics dictate that the desktop would not have landed too far from me and the laws of dilbert dictate that the broken computer would have had to be paid for through my salary. Luckily for all concerned (which is basically me), the boss was not around.

Which (the fact that the boss was not around and is not around right now either - surprise surprise) basically brings me back to the original message I wanted to convey. Its been a while since:

1. I slept a good 8 hours at night
2. You read a new post from me
3. I spoke to my boyfriend (12 minutes actually)
4. I vegetated in front of the tv (48 hours of that completed just today)
5. I read a funny book (please suggest- suggestions like wodehouse will be immediately disqualified, and I plan to go looking for Mil's work this weekend)

You think I can make a song out of this like Staind? Do I have volunteers to sing the song? Come on.. dont be shy..

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com