Saturday, July 24, 2004

I was meant to..

I was meant to write more often. I was also meant to write about my weekend after the whole toy train ride etc because all of that was just Saturday. But I have not done any of the above. As a result, we will pretend that none of above were ever any resolutions made by me. Clearly I am not as disciplined as I had hoped to be.

Recently, I promised myself that I would make an effort to lose some weight. As soon as the word "diet" was uttered, squeals of laughter emanated from various quarters of my office. It appears, they have been witness to such resolve (or lack of it) perviously. Of course, "an effort to lose some weight" could not ever translate into "an effort to exercise maybe err.. on sundays". So diet it was. I lasted through all of 1 day with my diet of "no-coffee-or-tea-during-the-day". Lunch the very next day consisted of some extremely un-flattering foodstuffs, including a ton of ice cream. I continued to labour under the impression that I was on a diet, despite that lunch. What can I say in my defense but that I am sometimes foolish! However, more helpings of ice cream the very next day brought me to my senses. Sensory deprivation will no longer be used to look pretty (except for those gorgeous black shoes of mine which kill me everytime I wear them).

In other news, I am not quitting work. They have realised their mistake (or just cant afford to lose people right now because there are so few people and so much work) and offered to move me to the very ugly city of Mumbai! Joy!! No longer shall I have to wait weeks to meet the boyfriend. We will be in each others faces everyday!! Woohoo!! The brother arrives here next month for a weekend of fun before I give up my little palace for a house in Bangalore. Should be fun I think. I have also been assigned on a "prestigious" international assignment so I travel to Pakistan (yes I know, its not particularly different from India to be really internation travel, but then we do need a visa to visit there you know). Thats it for today methinks ... err.. over and out.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com