Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Yawn!

I think I am on the road to self-discovery. I recently discovered I have no patience for boring people. If within the first 10 minutes of meeting, you are not entertaining me with interesting things to say (or allowing me to entertain you by saying interesting things - I never run out of interesting things to say) I would appreciate it if you could end the evening and drop me home immediately please.

Went out for dinner with a couple of friends err.. classmates from b-school. Turns out they are planning to get married. Naturally (or so I thought)my question to them was "who is the girl(s)". Apparently, this was a mistake. Asking a man who he is planning to marry is a nosey thing to do. I have two theories on why this could be-

1. They dont know who they are planning to marry!! Mummy and daddy have brought the girl from their native village so they really dont know themselves. After all, who cares when the role of the woman is to produce children, cook and provide regular sex!
2. The girl does not know of their plans. So while they are announcing to the world they are getting married, they really are not sure how the girl will react to such plans and hence the secrecy.
3. They are lying. There is no girl. They are feeling left out because everyone they know is either already married or planning to tie the knot.

Either way, I suggest they NOT tell me they are planning to get married if they refuse to divulge personal (??) details of the said fiance like her name!! Anyway, after that, things steadily deteriorated. Conversation turned to the stock markets and real estate markets (whoopee!! perrrfect saturday night dinner conversation I say). No alcohol was had (at least that way I may have, under the influence, felt they were mildly amusing.. and perhaps amused them a bit myself) and the night ended by 11pm (Thank the Lord for small mercies.. any longer than that and I might have shed very real tears).

The moral of the story children is therefore that you must always head out on a Saturday evening with alcohol. Without substance abuse its very tough to tolerate boredom..

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com