Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Its over

I have not been blogging regularly for a while now. As a result, I suspect I have lost the dozen readers I had. Some of them are still checking though (probably because I tell them to). Anyway, thought I should pop by and keep you posted (get the pun??) on my life.

They say it is not over till the fat lady sings. I would like to change that one to "it isnt over till the fat lady on a moped runs over a cyclist". It was a life-changing event you know. There I was, contemplating the meaning of life (apart from the fact it looked like a pot-hole in the road was being carefully covered by randomly shaped bricks and stones, all being overseen by a traffic policemen without a care about the traffic) and suddenly I knew that the wait was over. The indecision of whether I should quit or not came to an abrupt end. A fat lady on a moped with jasmine in her hair was hurtling towards a puny cyclist. It was a sign - it was now or never. The man could either watch her run over him or jump of his cyle and out of her way. It appeared for a moment that the man was inclined to do the former. Fortunately for him, better sense prevailed and with an impeccable sense of timing he jumped out of her way.

I have therefore decided to throw in the towel. I give up. I cannot deal with people who dont appreciate me anymore... I never really could, truth be told. The pursuit of happiness is my new goal. Originally this was a subset of my larger goal - the pursuit of greater wealth. That has been abandoned with the hope that my generous parents and loving boyfriend will repay my education loan while I pursue greater happiness.. err.. what? you didnt know you had to pay my bills now?? oops...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com