Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Infinitea

No I did not spell that wrong. Thats the name of this place we went for lunch to. Very sweet place with more than half the menu dedicated to teas from around the world- flavoured teas, hot and cold teas, aged teas, exotic teas... hence the name Infinitea. The main course portion of the menu is almost an afterthought. As if the place is saying to you "eat, if you absolutely MUST". So eat, we did and we also pigged out on a pot of masala chai. Now instead of having such things off the streets, you can get mala chai in nice places as well. Su-weet-ah!! Though I am wondering if it really makes sense to pay Rs. 50 for something that can be found on the streets for Rs. 2 only. Hmm... sounds like the kanjoos is me is trying hard to make a comeback.

The reason for that I think is the recent receipt of bank balance papers from my bank. Turns out that in the last year, apart from spending on rent and food I have spent enough on phone bills (thanks to long distance relationships), travel fares, partying etc, I have also invested in a really bad choice of mutual fund type thingie - which leaves me with a mere number in the form of savings that shall not be disclosed on this blog (for fear that the mother will read it and prepare to throw me out the window of any high-rise building she finds). Its possible that statisticians upon seeing such a bank balance may have to categorise me as "severely poor" (though not yet under the poverty line). However, until then, we shall pretend we are rich. So there! Readers of my blog, please learn that supply of money is not infinite(a). Try not to buy tea for 30 bucks when you are sure to get the same thing for 2 bucks elsewhere... Meanwhile, I shall continue to ignore my own advice.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com