Sunday, August 08, 2004

The new place to be with your loved one

This one is going to come as a surprise to some of you - Beauty Salons! Fido and I went to one on Sunday and found that we were not the only couple there waiting for our hair to be styled simultaneously while we chatted with each other about things like what styling gel to use to make ones hair look appropriately toussled (is that the right spelling?). I have therefore come to the conclusion that the coming of the metrosexual has opened yet another avenue of entertainment for couples who have been seeing each other for a while. So you did the whole clubbing scene when you first met, then you did the romantic dinner just with the two of you on occassion, have watched movies together in movie halls and at home and gone on holidays together. What do you look forward to then?? I recommend the swankiest neighbourhood beauty salon. Makes for watching pretty people and decent conversation as well.

Now that I have that out of the way, I have to complain about queues. What is with queues everywhere one goes in Bangalore on a weekend? I think its probably the same in Delhi as well, but I prefer complaining about Bangalore. Its understandable on a Saturday night. I understand that EVERYONE in Bangalore likes to go out and preferably to the same 5 places in the city. Understandably there would be queues. But why at 2.30pm on a Sunday afternoon are you (residents of Bangalore, I am speaking to you) people queing up for lunch?? Should you not have finished lunch by n0w?? Why are you torturing me by making me wait for 30 minutes before I even begin to order???

Much beer has been consumed over the weekend accompanied with large quantities of food. The week will therefore consist of smaller quantities of food at meals and less beer (preferably NO beer, but lets not get carried away with the resolutions, shall we?).

On this note, I shall end my rant for the day.

Whatever.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com