Friday, August 06, 2004

Supplies!!

That was meant to read "Surprise!!" Err... well it was actually meant to read as it does because I was pretending to be Chinese (no offence to my Chinese readers, if any). So I was pleasantly surprised today with Fido dropping by out of the blue. At 8am in the morning, I woke up to the monstrosity that is my doorbell. Of course at 8am in the morning, anything that wakes me up is a monstrosity. So I groggily open the door expecting the maid to tumble along and do her work and clean up my place while I continue back to my cozy bed. Instead, Fido stood there screaming "Supplies!" in his best Chinese accent.

Nobody was a happier child than me at the time (and nobody ran to brush her teeth faster than me at the time either). The boyfriend has come bearing many gifts for Pateti - thats the last day of the Parsi year, the new year's eve so to speak. It is quickly followed by Navroz (oh, go follow the earlier link for Pateti will you?) which is new years day. Gifts are exchanged and general feasting is in order. Ma-in-law-to-be has gifted some gorgeous fabric which I plan to look fabulous in. Boyfriend also gave socks (?) - I love socks, no really I do - and some tees. Very nice. I am pleased.

Enough now, its time I returned sleepy-head here who is talking in his sleep talking about 0.2% of the world's population doing something. Must figure this one out I think...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com