Tuesday, August 09, 2005

High Potential

I think I have the potential to be a real pain. And its not because all the clients I deal with actually demonstrate their pain-worthiness repeatedly, its just that sometimes I can feel the pain my clients go through... and feel happy about it!

My company has a programme for such high-potential people... high potential to be awesomely cool in the system and not painful jack-asses like the rest of us! They get to go on a training programme, which to my mind is a tad ridiculous. They have the potential - you think so, they most definitely think so, so why not celebrate the very realisation? Why not send them on a pardeee to the Bahamas instead of a training programme to China? I would think there should be certain criteria for everyone to realise you are a hi-po-

1. Superior ass-licking skills
2. Flexibility in vacation programmes (cancelling vacation plans is a big to-do among my geeky friends in the elite community of hippos.. oops! Did I just say that?)
3. Supreme lack of other-things-to-do

For all this, I should think they deserve a break. Give them a party I say! Let them leave their laptops behind for a moment... or just let them take a day off I say!

While I ponder these very profuound questions, I realise the reason for my not being one of the people training to have even higher potential than I already have - my super-coolness for such things. My potential is so high, its not something that people can even see... I cant blame them for their short-sightedness about the whole thing. Although I am not terribly sad I did not attend a hectic training programme in China with some not so exciting food and not much to do in the evenings other than homework, I do feel its time I lowered my potential levels to a place where people can notice them, what say?

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com