Monday, May 03, 2004

Cut Costs!!

A very dear friend of mine reminded in my last post (and very randomly at that) that all costs must be cut. Rewind to just a year ago when I had just joined b-school. All I wanted to do is contribute in whatever destructive way I could. As did this friend of mine. As a result, for one of the courses that we didnt particularly like (or understand) our standard contribution was usually - "Cut costs!" A typical study group meeting for such courses usually went something like this:

Man-who-thought-he-was-sexily-smart-when-he-really-was-not: I think we should split this work.. you do this.. you two do this ... *wink* *crack silly joke and laugh hysterically*
*crooked smile that he thinks is winning many brownie points*
Mad engineer - If you are going to take any longer at this, I might fall asleep. I have calculated everything with my special algebraic formulae and cracked the case as I woke up at 4am and have not had much else to do till our meeting now at 7pm apart from attend all classes twice over and watch the news on tv....
Verbose dude - I also cracked the case but I did by simply talking through the night in sentences that were at least 17 words long where each word had at elast 5 syllables. Fantastic stuff..
Dude-with-rosy-cheeks-and-not-much-to-say - ...
Cool people of study group (thats me and friend, for those who havent guessed yet) - We have cracked it!! *excited waving of arms in the air* As soon as we found that we had missed all our classes for the day (by mistake of course), we got down to some serious shit like downloading music and just as we were about to leave to meet you guys we met and discussed the case ourselves. The answer is, hold your breath, CUT COSTS!!

Usually these suggestions were shot down immediately and to a large extent I blame my gpa (or lack of it thereof) on them. Then there was the time we had to make a class about social responsibility entertaining and I discovered a superhero - anti-corruption girl who was to jump into the middle of a serious presentation and rid the world of corruption. I had even planned a cape and a costume for the whol thing (minus the underwear on the outside)... this too was shot down. And you wonder why I didnt top... they didnt let me!!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com