Monday, May 10, 2004

Cute

The question I often want to ask people (and quite often I want to ask question, only this is a recurring question) is why we cant be cute at the workplace. The pointy-haired-boss is obviously not just a figment of Scott Adams' imagination. All bosses lack imagination.

Today, I was tempted to sign of an email which was sent to colleagues with some reports to be sent to their clients, with the following "cute" line:

Thank you for making this extremely tedious (I kid) project a resounding success (we have yet to receive feedback from the client though ;))

Oh I was tempted to send it off. Better sense prevailed. Tried the boyfriends number to get approval and fortunately his line was busy. I have a feeling he would have cackled and encouraged me to send the email, thus closing my fate as one of the many million over-qualified unemployed youth of our country.

I then called my brother who laughed hysterically for a bit. When he finally decided to get up off the floor (on which he was rolling with laughter), he advised me not to send the mail. Usually, my first instinct when ANYONE says ANYTHING to me is to do the EXACT OPPOSITE. You know how that is - "Dont dismantle the phone.. okay okay.. dont dismantle it so much.. dammit!! put it back together now" was a commonly heard refrain from parents in Delhi (I kid you, of course.. somewhat) But this time, I showed incredible self-restraint and the email ended with a plain and simple "Regards, Nidhi"

Cute... NOT.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com