Tuesday, June 01, 2004

But Seriously

I wanted to post something sad and melancholy today to match my mood but it seems I am incapable of writing stuff like that. Many attempts later I decided instead to write about the absolutely gorgeous weather in Delhi right now. There is no joy in Delhi like that of impending rain. It gets so hot that even the idea that it might possibly rain brings smiles of joy on people's faces. They would be walking along on the road and the slightest hint of a breeze would make them want to call their best friend and scream for joy - "its the best weather possible here, wish you could be with me to enjoy it..." cackle... phone dies. This is also the time that nothing works. Phone lines die (for the sheer joy of it I think) and cable tv stops transmitting

I remember the time we would step out in the rain and get drenched (right up till the time it became "indecent" to do so - growing up time is measured by what you are allowed to do) and play football (soccer for the uninitiates). For those who know that I pride myself on being the most unathletic person ever, this was a joy of athletics even I couldnt resist. Splattering wed mud in the hopes of kicking someone while doing so (the ball was inconsequential) was immense.

Given this bit of nostalgia, I have now depressed myself enough to last the night. Thanks for listening...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com