Monday, May 31, 2004

Poxy-lady is Back!

Sarah has very sweetly demanded that I update my half-dozen or so readers about the status of my pox, so here I am. The life of an adult with chicken pox is quite honestly pathetic. The boyfriend did actually agree with me just the other day when he sms'ed to say I was "indeed pathetic". Oh the context or the rest of the sms is not necessary or relevant in this context, but all you need to know is he called me pathetic (hmph!).

In other news:
It has been brought to my notice that I am "super-frantic" simply because I like to keep my word. For instance, if I was to tell someone that I will get back to them, I usually contact them within what I feel is a reasonable time (less than 2 weeks). I always imagined that was "normal" until I was informed that in fact, promising people stuff and then not responding is how the world works. So next time you hear from people around you - "we will get back to you", consider it NOT done. Words, after all, are exactly that - words. As long as there is no written proof of such sayings, no court of law will surprise you by being on your side.

Given that I am unwell, people have been pointing out stuff to me that for some strange reason I would never have figured out for myself. Like everytime someone calls to enquire the first question is "hey.. is it itchy?". Part of me is dying to respond with a "you dont say??" and another part of me just wants to slap the person really hard. Unfortunately, usually the adult in me (yes there is one of those as well in me) wins with a charming "oh yes, its really disgusting stuff".

Meanwhile, saw a really crappy movie while I was at watching movies and devoured tons of ice cream. Instead of losing weight and going to work with people saying "aaaw.. you must have been really unwell, you lost so much weight" the reaction is going to be more on the lines of "err... they fed you a lot when you had chicken pox na?" Am almost about to watch another really sucky movie though am tempted to send it back to the video renter guy (Pappoo his name is and from a 2 square feet cigarette selling "business" he now has a roaring 4 square feet corner all to himself with even a "warehouse" somewhere where he was caught doing business in blue films a while back - I have rented non-blue movies in case you were wondering.. really!!). Anyway, I think my next post will be dedicated to flourishing capitalism in India.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com