Friday, May 28, 2004

Memoirs of the chicken-poxed

So, in case any of you have been missing me, I am back despite many attempts by the parents and doctors to keep me drugged and asleep, I am awake now (although briefly I am sure) to write a bit on how chicken pox feels when you are an adult.

1. Everyone finds it incredibly amusing. People have guffawed (quite loudly) into my ear as I told them the sad news on the phone.
2. Its itchy as hell and instead of finding the sores "amusing" (as one of my friends claimed she did when she had chicken pox at the age of 7, when practically anything is amusing), one finds them to be a bit of pain in the back-side.
3. Nobody comes to visit except the brave sardar with a bouquet of carnations no less. Very sweet- love that man. Cant blame the others because it seems chicken pox can happen twice and its best to avoid one with chicken pox.
4. I am now the ugliest person I know with pox marks all over my face and body and it does not help that due to the pimples I had as an adolescent (read just 2 weeks back) one cant tell whether that is acne or chicken pox.

Meanwhile, in more exciting news, the boyfriend is on to Florence now and in fact called me TWICE today. I didnt know whether to be amused or alarmed esp since he insisted on torturing me about finalising a wedding date (for the 2 of us not anyone else silly!!) as we spoke for exactly 42 nano-seconds on an international long distance call. He is a caring man, can you tell?

Neil's mentioned me in his blog and so has Nina. Thank you guys.. really sweet of you to think of me all the way in Europe. Since your blogs are infinitely more popular than mine, the plan now is to wait for a publisher to go through some of my posts and decide to sign a book deal with me. Till then, the poxy-lady must retire (AGAIN)..

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com