Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Theory of the speed of time

I was going through some mails I had sent to Fido today (given that I am home now and have a free run of the computer here) and came across a theory I had postulated in the early months when we had just started seein each other. Here are my pearls of wisdom (I really do think, like Jane Austen's works, this is timeless stuff):

Have you ever wondered how the same units of time seem vastly different at different points in your life. I have therefore decided that time, like light and sound, has a speed. This speed quickens when you are busy and have a lot of things to do. When a loved one is around, time seems to stand still and yet move on. It is indeed a revelation somewhat on the lines of the recent revelation by my friend that cows can crap while walking. This must be a feat because I cannot imagine it. This friend of mine was witness to one such walking-crapping cow. Poor thing was quite traumatised by the whole scene I think. However, I digress, indeed time flies by and yet sometimes it seems to stand still and there the speed of time is not like gravity or the speed of light or some such constant. It varies, hence proved. Right.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com