Sunday, June 20, 2004

Delhi Times

I am back! Its been ages and I think I may have forgotten how to blog altogether. My half-dozen adoring fans may have stuck around faithfully and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them from the bottom of my heart (as well as God, my parents and our dog.. err.. or the dog I wish we had). Thank you Neil, Fido and Sarah for demanding a post. Its very flattering to see that perhaps my writing does, in fact, entertain a few people (that too in far away places like Dubai and Germany.. Bombay is IN India Fido.. stop expecting a mention ALL the time)
Meanwhile, I am back from Delhi and have been meaning to write about a whole bunch of things. Expect a bonanza with multiple posts in a single day! Woohoo! Err yeah… As the title of the post suggests, this one is going to be about Delhi. My last weekend in Delhi was absolutely lovely because I met up with a whole bunch of friends and even managed to go out a bit. Now that chicken pox had been safely eradicated and everyone was safe around me, I was suddenly popular again. Joy!
Went to a pub on Friday night and realised how much I miss hindi music. Suddenly, I was surrounded by a pub full of drunken, sexy (we dress impeccably well in Delhi) people who were singing hindi songs from movies on the top of their voices. Lack of a dance floor made no difference because everyone was standing around their tables and bouncing. Gosh I miss that… I miss people getting excited at the first sense of a punjabi song (instead of being abused on the mic for requesting any bhangra/hindi number) and the dj stopping the music suddenly just so she can hear the entire pub scream the song (really badly, might I add). Suddenly I missed speaking hindi.. I missed listening to people speak hindi (who cares if most them are swearing in hindi.. Delhi-ites arent known for their politeness you know).
So anyway, after partying one night I spent the next day shopping for shoes and generally chilling out in Delhi. I love iced tea and oddly, nobody in Bangalore seems to be able to get it right. I mean, how tough can it be? Pour the tea, lemon essence and sugar syrup… but its just too tough for our dear Bangaloreans. Therefore I devoured the foods that I miss here in Bangalore and spent some money to generally revive the economy of our capital city b y buying 3 pairs of shoes- 1 of which is impossible to wear if one plans to do any walking in them. Such in Delhi though – we buy stuff that looks good, comfort be damned, fashion is the mantra of the hour. You geddit?
Enough for one post now… thanks for sticking around. Mwah mwah (motions to send flying kisses in the general direction of her half-dozen or less adoring fans)..

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com