Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Beautiful People

I feel like a woman again. If you are really interested in gory details (and even if you are not, I am going to share them with you here), I finally went to a beaty salon (we dont call them "parlours" in south delhi, unlike the rest of the country) to beautify myself - as if that is required. No no, dont bother responding to that one please. But as I walked in, I realised that people in Delhi, well "South Delhi" actually, are just a lot more beautiful than people elsewhere in the country. Bangalore does not compare to us.. them.. err Delhiites.

So I walk into the beauty salon and already I feel ugly because the damn receptionist there looks like she stepped out of Femina magazine (the Indian Cosmo). And she leads me into the place I used to visit quite often while I lived here only to realise that unlike Bangalore, where walking into a beauty salon an a weekday evening would not mean horrendous crowds, Delhi has tons of people who want to look extra beautiful on a Monday night. Go figure! The lady then exclaims that I look like a mess (thus doing wonders for my already ruined ego) and proceeds to make me look prettier and charge an unproportionately pretty packet for the same in what seemed like 12 nanoseconds. Painful but quick is how I like my beauty treatments. I would have added cheap to that list of adjectives, but lets not be unrealistic here.

More on peculiarities of South Delhi, which in my mind is whole different world in itself (separated from the rest of Delhi) and its its people in future posts. Watch this space, I say!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com