Monday, May 17, 2004

"Care-full" Torture

Its the inability to get through to "Customer Care" that gets my blood really boiling. Eventually the anger gives way to despair and then inertia sets in. The mobile phone that needs a new tariff plan because bills are too high- remains as is. Sometimes its mind-numbingly horrifying just how doctored the responses you get are. I almost feel bad for screaming at the 20 year old with a screen in front of her blinking rapidly as she types "help.. customer screaming" only to have it say "system unrecognised error: no such command available" or some such thing. Then the moment passes and I just let it go.

My mobile service provider has obviously learnt from such criminal activities as mine and refuses to let any customer get through to its "Customer Care" people. As a result, I actually hung on for exactly 30 minutes with "Raindrops keep falling on my head" being sung cheerily in the background really badly by a bunch of loons. I have a sneaky feeling they were testing me and snickering in the background. I have decided now to just live my life as is without tampering with anything at all. No more calling people to help with things that are out of order- it just does not work. Its a new state of consciousness.. much like meditation I think.

The other thing I have come to terms with is this - Customer Care is really code for "Torture the Customers" in corporate-speak. Client is NOT King.. Client is SUCKER.. lets treat her so!! Thats what they say to each other, in such companies, and dance around happily naked around a bonfire in some remote village (or just around the corner in one of our cities) while we keep trying to reach them on their phones.

Hmph!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com